If breasts of a woman are smaller and are not in proper proportion with other body parts such as waist and hips, cosmetic surgeons perform breast augmentation to increase the shape of breasts with breast implants or fat transfers. This surgery is clinically known as Augmentation Mammaplasty and called as ‘boobs job’ by patients sometimes.
This procedure can also restore the breast volume that women usually lose during pregnancy or due to sudden weight reduction. Thus women can have more rounded breast shape or symmetrical breast shape for younger looks.
If the fat from some other part of the patient’s body is used to reshape patient’s breasts then the surgery would be also known as ‘fat transfer breast augmentation.’
Breast augmentation surgeon performs this surgery to increase projection and fullness of patient’s breasts, improve proportional balance of breasts and hips contours and for breast reconstruction after an injury.
Surgeons follow a procedure to perform this surgery.
- Surgeons either administer general anesthesia or intravenous sedation for the comfort of the patient during the surgery.
- They make smaller incisions. The options for incisions might be along the areolar edge, along the inframammary fold below the breasts or in the armpit. These incisions are carefully made so that the resulting scars would be covered under natural body contours and should not be clearly visible.
- These incisions also depend on patient’s anatomy, surgeons preference and also depend on the amount and type of implants to be made to increase the size of breasts.
- After making the incisions surgeons place breast implants in a pocket either under the pectoral muscle which is known as submuscular placement or directly behind the breast tissue over the pectoral muscle which is known as subglandular placement.
- The method of implant depends on patient’s body type and amount of enlargement required.
KAS Medical Center
13A Palam Marg, Vasant Vihar
Delhi – 110057
Call/whatsapp on: +91-9818369662, 9958221983/2/1
Get more: http://www.bestbreastsurgeryindia.com
Get more: http://www.bestfacesurgeryindia.com